The American Heart Association’s Advanced Cardiac Life Support Update Course, aka – ACLS Renewal / Update, is for any healthcare professional who is currently certified an is responsible for leading and / or participating in the assessment and management of adult patients that are suffering from cardiopulmonary arrest or other chronic or acute cardiovascular emergencies. Building on the Basic Life Support skills, ACLS will focus on emphasizing the vitality of providing high-quality CPR that is based on the current science presented by the AHA’s Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
This ACLS course will:
- Present principles of BLS skills, including effective chest compressions,
- Utilizing a bag-mask device
- Deploying and using an AED
- Recognition and management of respiratory arrest
- Recognition and management of cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions
- Utilization of basic and advanced airway management
- Overview of ACLS pharmacology
- Management of Acute Coronary Syndromes and strokes
- Practice principles of effective communication skills
Participants in this course must be currently ACLS certified. This couse is a one (1) day course.